Tuesday 5 April 2016

THE LAST CUP

The drop of water struggle’s to fall,
Eye’s probes the brown roof
My body shudders flowing with melancholy  
Memoirs revisit my head
It’s been long, since the sip of first cup
It rings the bell
A year back, the first cup with hefty sugar
The tang with no glow.
Now, it’s my last day
He hands me over the last cup,
His face turned pale,
His dark skin be my log
I take the sip of my last cup,
Chime’s my bell again,
The taste so known
The last cup with hefty sugar,
But taste so unlike
I adore the savor
It be so wistful
He beams at me
My heart fills with bliss
It’s the last day I glimpse him
I shower the beam of forlorn
Finish my cup
And stride away
Leaving a mark of farewell


cup with tea

If you want to read my other poems then click the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment